Sunday 19 May 2013

WHAT AGE TO SEND KIDS ON ERRANDS OUTSIDE THE HOUSE ?

My friend came to see me one day, then i sent my four yr old daughter(going on 5) to get her a drink from the supermarket by my house.My friend was so surprised that i could send her on such an errand.To her, my daughter was too young for such an errand.But my daughter went and came back;drink and change in hand.My friend was astonished.She said she has a niece who is 6 and has never been sent on such errands.

     Dear readers,what do you think is the right age to send kids on errands outside the house? personally, i think 5yrs and above is ok but should not be farther than the next house initially.Instead kids should be educated about their environment and surroundings.They should be given strict instructions like " if the store is not open,come back home" or "don't talk to anyone" or "don't go anywhere else" etc.

     accountability of how the money was spent is also important.that way, kids learn about money and cost of items especially for female children.Also,the first few times the kids go,they should be monitored from a distance and when they return,they should be applauded and praised.They'll feel so proud of themselves.

This is my opinion.what do you think? 

No comments: