Tuesday 9 July 2013

NICKI MINAJ : "I'VE KIND OF BECOME THE POSTER CHILD FOR DOING THE THINGS THAT NO ONE EXPECTS " !

                             

Nicki Minaj graces the cover of August's Marie Claire. Inside the issue, Minaj dishes on her fans, her stint on American Idol, acting, and dating tips. Check out some of the best bits from the interview, right here.

On her special language with her fans: “I’m very aware that millions of people on Twitter have no idea what we’re talking about. That’s because we kind of have our own language. I used to think it was just a Queens language or a New York language or an East Coast language, but now it’s a Barb Nation language. I have South African Barbz, Japanese, German, Saudi Arabian. You can be a Barb wherever you live.”

On her American idol stint: “The perception that people had of me completely changed because there are no cue cards, there’s no script, it wasn’t be performing a song. It was, ‘Let’s see you real personality.’ My core is a genuine human being who roots for other people. I didn’t want to blow smoke up their ass. I wanted every contestant to leave with something that they could remember.”

On her future in acting: “I at least want to do three more albums. If I can do that, I’ll feel complete…One day, when I start getting a couple gray hairs, maybe it will all be only acting. I just never know…I’ve kind of become the poster child for doing the things that no one expects.”

On her “weird epiphany” on her Australian tour: “I was on a world tour, a big feat for a female rapper. For the first time, I allowed myself to feel proud of where music had gotten me, and I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude. You feel the need to pay it forward, which starts with analyzing yourself with a true desire to grow. I was praying every day, ‘You know what, Lord? I want to be a mom one day, and I want to start becoming the woman who I want to parent my child.’ I wanted all of the feelings of entitlement to leave me, because some people have this life for a year or five or 10 – and a lot of them lose it. I didn’t want to become a person who wasn’t enjoying the moment.”

Her tips for seducing a lover: “Don’t chase any man. Put your school first. Men love independent women. You don’t have to be a bitch, but there’s nothing wrong with it at times. And: Men are kids at heart. They want to be nourished and pet like a dog.”

No comments: